I'm really looking forward to joining this community!!

SirBianisko

I've been playing Warframe since 2013, with some stops of course. I always dreamed of a game similar to Warframe having the same longevity but with a more down to earth and medieval theme. 

I am immensely grateful to DE for the opportunity to see this happen!

• Like 7

I've seen that there are double swords and double short swords, I've always loved playing dual daggers in every MMORPG and ARPG I've played, I've been an assassin or a rogue, I'm going to love playing dual daggers in this game when they come out

• Like 1

De is honestly good at making many unique weapon playstyles and making them powerful but balanced. I know combat will improve. They are experimenting with a new playstyle and new system after doing mainly power fantasy with guns and magical powers mixed with Sci fi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirBianisko said:

That's exactly what I said, that I would like a similar game and it has some similar things and with my favorite theme and more focused on melee 

Yeah it is meant to be the opposite of warframe. Hopefully that doesn't mean elden ring/souls-like difficulty. I know warframe with a proper build is just spam x button and than aim and shoot. But I hope we get a challenge, but it is not so much a opposite that it is dark souls difficulty or very hard.

A fantasy themed game made by DE is certainly a fun game regardless. Hope it has the DE charm after years f development 

4 hours ago, Spektrum said:

This is definitely a long turn from Warframe, but you can still feel some similarities. There is still a long way for the game. But it's really fun so far

Yep Hopefully they take those similarities in just the style/inspiration vain, and put a very unique twist. The melee focus is very good twist on the game. I hope we get many new arms, and many new pacts. I know duvari paradox was the prototype/teaser of what they had cooking up, and everyone loved the fresh gameplay. I know this game will be amazing. 

• Like 1

On 2024-08-29 at 6:49 PM, SirBianisko said:

I've been playing Warframe since 2013, with some stops of course. I always dreamed of a game similar to Warframe having the same longevity but with a more down to earth and medieval theme. 

I am immensely grateful to DE for the opportunity to see this happen!

Same here, I'm hoping for some raid encounters!!

• Thanks 1

On 2024-08-30 at 8:02 AM, SirBianisko said:

I've seen that there are double swords and double short swords, I've always loved playing dual daggers in every MMORPG and ARPG I've played, I've been an assassin or a rogue, I'm going to love playing dual daggers in this game when they come out

I'm finding The Royal Tines are quite good and fast.

On 2024-08-30 at 2:49 PM, Jocosa said:

Yeah it is meant to be the opposite of warframe. Hopefully that doesn't mean elden ring/souls-like difficulty. I know warframe with a proper build is just spam x button and than aim and shoot. But I hope we get a challenge, but it is not so much a opposite that it is dark souls difficulty or very hard.

I'm of the opposite opinion here.

Let me preface this by saying that i never really played warframe much. As such im coming at it from a very different perspective. Im not intrested in games that reward grind/builds over skill expression/knowledge .I also prefer games with a slower, more methodical playstyle and an immersive world and lore. Be it Elden Ring, Darksouls, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, S.T.A.L.K.E.R or Escape from Tarkov... "Perhaps im just a sucker for pain" 🤣

Initially what drew me in when i loaded up the prelude. Was the Lack of HUD, the lack of tooltips, visual clutter, a health bar or some annoying NPC telling me how to walk. Then what made me fall in love with the game was the sound scape, the not so clear lore and the Masterclass game design that explains nothing ,but is intuitive enough for you to figure it out. (Be it the Boss encounter or the Stag puzzle). And the barebones combat that clearly has the trappings of a system that has the potential if built right to be heavily skill based.

Ultimatelty I dont actually care too much if the game is easy, but i hope it can stick to gameplay that is skill expressive and not another geargrind/levelfest. Instead of rewarding players with another meaningless level/stat i hope the dev team sticks to a clear focus on its lore, and immersive story telling. My fear is that often difficulty goes hand in hand with how immersive a game is. Without high stakes ,and stuggle. Many games often resort to Rewarding players for their Actions by throwing rewards/achivements/levels at them to keep them invested in the experience. And this really destroys immersion entirely, so im hoping that the Devs stick to their guns and focus on a harder more meaningful experience.

But ultimately whatever path the devs take i hope the "Feeling/Immersion, or call it what you may of the current build doesnt change"... Perhaps they can find a happy balance between accesibilty and immersion. Like the Witcher 3 did.

Glad to be here!  I played Warframe from closed beta onward and had a blast.  A lot has changed there, and it was one of the first true dev-player collaborations that I've seen succeed.  The community is key, so here we are!  I have hope for Soulframe as well, and I look forward to seeing what this can and will become!

Edited by Humz