Coming Soon: Soulframe Devstream 2

[DE]Sarah

image.png

Envoys! 

The wait is nearly over - Soulframe’s second Devstream arrives Friday October 25th, at 1 pm ET! 

Join the Developers for a deeper dive into Soulframe Preludes and hear the team's plans for 2024. 

We’ll feature a live Q/A segment during the stream - please propose your questions in this thread! 

See you at twitch.tv/playsoulframe on October 25th at 1 pm ET! 

** We’re having a [DE]ouble Feature live-streaming day!

• Soulframe Devstream 2: 1pm ET - 2pm ET
  • Warframe Devstream 182: 2pm ET - 3pm ET 

Join us, won’t you?

• Like 9

You've mentioned in the past that movement would include actions such as mantling to scramble around and climb. What about passive modes of movement like zip-lines or some contextual device to glide back down from high places?

And from the Preludes discord, the most pressing question of all:
We have affectionately named the statue outside of Kearnholm, "Grogglenax the Chaste", despite how magnificent the beast is. Is there scope for an in-joke or two from the community side before release?

• Like 2

Will the game get a phone version like Warframe at some point?

Will armor get stats or will it always be cosmetic?

Will it be posible to capture (or any other method) animals to have them as pets?

Will there be any eastereggs hiden in the game?

When will google docs be added to the discord server for preludes?

• Like 1

Are there any plans to push more multiplayer aspects in the coming updates? I recall Steve mentioning a more seamless multiplayer grouping system that was planned to be tested sometime this year, but I guess plans have changed (which is fine!). It just feels like a major component from the game is missing without something like that.

On that note, can we expect walk-in social hubs similar to traditional MMOs? The instanced nature in Warframe makes it hard to socialize in that game and I feel that Soulframe could benefit greatly from having something like that.

• Like 1

One thing I find with the world is how empty is honestly feels. There's not enough passive NPCs and the world is just plagued with soldiers trying to kill me. Sure, there's the small number of passive soldiers, but that's about it. Are there plans in the future to add more life to the towns as the world expands? I could see the soldiers just treating Citizens like trash when they are just trying to live their lives. I'd laugh if the Citizens would cheering me on as I slaughtered the bad guys!

• Like 3

Multiplayer: 
Could you discuss how the multiplayer will work, there is little info about it currently?  
What is the current max group size?  
Will there be persistent areas/towns where you can meet up with random people?  
Are there plans for multiple group boss battles/dungeons (raids)?  
Are there plans for a party finder?

Monetization: 
I have not been able to find any info on how the game will be monetized.  Are you able to discuss more on this?  

Story: 
Will there be a central story?  If not a central story, is there an overall theme to the quests that will be available?  

Future-Plans: 
Once preludes open to everyone will you be posting a road map of sorts so that players can help discuss and provide feedback on the future plans?